During this pandemic, Chamonix Mont-Blanc takes care of you and is committed to welcoming you in a safe and serene environment! All the professionals of the valley have implemented various actions in order to optimize your visits in the valley and guarantee your safety. Check out this information and our advice here!
Given the health context and with the approach of Christmas and New Year celebrations, the federation of municipalities of the Chamonix Valley is organizing two screening centers :
- in Chamonix, at the Salle du Bicentenaire from 8am to 12pm and from 4pm to 8pm.
- in Les Houches, at the Salle Olca from 8.30am to 12pm and from 4pm to 7.30pm.
Please find all the information about these two places here:
The law of 22 January 2022 on the vaccination pass and its implementing decree make the presentation of the vaccination pass compulsory for certain activities and services - including ski lifts - for people aged 16 and over from Monday 24 January 2022. As for people aged 12 to 15, they are subject to the health pass.
Where to get tested in the Chamonix Valley?
From October 15, the tests become chargeable except minors or medical prescription (from 44 €)
- Mirialis Laboratory in Chamonix : +33 (0)4 50 53 07 25
Monday to Friday from 10a.m to 12a.m and 1.30p.m. to 4 p.m. without an appointment and without a prescription and every other Saturday morning, Saturdays in even weeks from 10 a.m. to 11:30a.m.
PCR tests are done outside in front of the laboratory.
- Gramont nursing office in Les Pèlerins: +33 (0)7 69 68 67 12
On appointment only. Delay for the results between 12 and 24hours.
From October 15, antigen tests in pharmacies are chargeable except minors on medical prescription (from 22 €)
- Screening center - Salle du Bicentenaire - 94 place du mont-blanc
Every day from 8.30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 8p.m.
- Pharmacie de la Vallée - Rue Vallot - +33 (0)4 50 53 13 69
- Pharmacie des Alpes - 53 Rue du Dr Paccard - +33 (0)4 50 53 15 45 - By reservation only.
- Pharmacie des Pèlerins - Pharmavie - Place des Séracs - +33 (0)4 50 53 13 55 - Monday to Friday only.
- Pharmacie du Mont-Blanc - Place de l’Eglise - +33 (0)4 50 53 12 61
- Pharmacie de l’Aiguille du Midi - Av. de l’Aiguille du Midi - +33 (0)4 50 91 43 89
- Cabinet Médical à Argentière - +33 (0)4 50 54 00 67 - By reservation only
- Pharmacie d’Argentière - +33 (0)4 50 54 00 37
In Les Houches :
- Screening center - Salle Olca - 25 rue du mont-blanc
Every day from 8.30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 4 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- Pharmacie of the village - +33 (0)4 50 54 40 24 - Monday to Saturday, on booking only
Issue of the European health pass
If you are a tourist of non-European nationality, you can go to a pharmacy to obtain a European health pass. The pharmacist will check the validity of your vaccination certificate as well as your identity document, and will provide you a QR code. You may be billed for this service up to € 36.
- Pharmacie du Mont-Blanc - Issue of European health pass on proof of vaccination and photocopy of passport on site and by email - email@example.com - +33 (0)4 50 53 12 61
- Pharmacie Aiguille du Midi - Issue of European health pass on proof of vaccination and photocopy of passport on site and by email - firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)4 50 91 43 89
- Pharmacie des Houches - Help with issuing the European health pass - +33 (0)4 50 54 40 24
- Pharmacie d’Argentière - Issue of European health pass on proof of vaccination and photocopy of passport on site and by email - email@example.com - +33 (0)4 50 54 00 37
- Pharmacie La Vallée - Issue of European health pass on proof of vaccination and photocopy of passport only on site (10 minutes delay) - +33 (0)4 50 53 13 69
- Pharmacie des Alpes - Issue of European health pass on proof of vaccination and photocopy of passport on site and by email - firstname.lastname@example.org - +33 (0)4 50 53 15 45
- Pharmacie des Pèlerins - Pharmavie https://pharmaciedespelerins.pharmavie.fr/covid-19
Where to get vaccinated?
Find the nearest vaccination centre online on Doctolib
- For people with a French social security number: you must come with your ID card, your Carte Vitale and your personal vaccination card against Covid-19 in the event of a 2nd injection
- For people of foreign nationality without a Carte Vitale: a provisional social security number or a QR Code allowing recognition of vaccination abroad will be given to you during your vaccination.
The Vaccination Pass: where and when do you need it?
From January 24, 2022, all people over the age of 16 must have a vaccination pass to go to the places where it is established. The health pass remains the rule for minors aged 12 to 15.
- Restaurants, bars and cafes, including terraces (excluding collective catering).
- Long-distance transport (TGV, Intercités, night trains, domestic flights and inter-regional coaches)
- Campsites, hotels and holiday centers in certain cases only: campsites, holiday centers and hotels which only offer accommodation are not subject to the vaccination pass. On the other hand, campsites, holiday centers and hotels which have a restaurant, a bar, a swimming pool or a performance hall, require the vaccination pass. However, they only have to ask for it one time when the client arrives, whatever the duration of the stay.
- Sports activities
- Ski lifts: ski resorts are now subject to the vaccination pass.
- Museums and cultural activities
- Leisure parks
- Concerts and festivals: the obligation concerns concerts, shows and festivals bringing together more than 50 spectators.
- Theatres and other performance halls : the pass is mandatory when the gauge exceeds 50 spectators.
- Exhibition and fairs: the pass is required in fairs and exhibitions with a capacity of more than 50 people.
- Casinos and other gaming rooms: casino activities, with or without contact, as well as bowling alleys, escape games and gaming rooms.
- Discotheques - closed by governmental decision until the Ferbuary 16, 2022.
- Shopping centers and department stores: the vaccination pass may be required by decision of the prefect in shopping centers and department stores over 20,000 m².
Health establishments, retirement homes or medico-social establishments are not affected by the law on the vaccination pass. Access to health establishments and medico-social services nevertheless remains conditional on the health pass (complete vaccination schedule, negative test for Covid-19 or certificate of recovery) for patients and accompanying persons, except of course in emergencies, where no these two passes are not required.
What is the Vaccination Pass?
→ a complete vaccination
→ The result of a positive RT-PCR or antigen test attesting the recovery from Covid-19, dating at least of 11 days and less than 6 months
Following the prefectural decree of November 30, 2021, wearing a mask is compulsory in the municipalities of the valley.
In Chamonix, the municipal decree issued on Monday, December 6, 2021 specifies the prefectural decree taken on November 30, 2021 on the obligation to wear a mask.
Wearing a mask is compulsory for anyone aged 11 years old and over throughout the municipality, when entering the following places: gatherings, meetings or activities of more than 10 people organized on public roads or in places open to the public creating a concentration of people, markets, flea markets, unpacking or similar activities, queues that would form around the stadiums , auditoriums and projection rooms, sports establishments and marquees / tents, games rooms, museums and stations, shops, restaurants and bars and cultural establishments.
From 9 a.m. to 2 a.m., wearing a mask is compulsory for anyone aged 11 years old and over in the areas designated below:
- All pedestrian areas, rue des Moulins, rue du Docteur Paccard, rue Joseph Vallot, rue du Lyret, the quais of Arve, avenue Michel Croz, avenue de l'Aiguille du Midi, avenue Ravanel le Rouge, Place du Mont-Blanc (both sides), Place du Triangle de l'Amitié and church square, the forecourt of Montenvers station, Aiguille du Midi station, cable car stations of Brévent, Flégère, Tour and Grands Montets , as well as the area around the middle school (Promenade du Fori) between avenue du Mont-Blanc and avenue de la Plage, forecourt of the middle school and of the MJC, Route de la Patinoire between Route du Bouchet and Avenue de la Plage, speed ring including the track and sports fields, except for sports activities), Rue Charlet Straton between the SNCF bridge and the North exit of the village of Argentière as well as Route du Village in Argentière.
Franco - Italian border
You will find all information regarding crossing the Italian border here
Franco - Swiss border
You will find all information regarding crossing the Italian border here
This information is given on a indicative basis only and is subject to government decisions taken in each country.