Chamonix, an Exceptional Environment to Preserve
Majestic, grandiose, unique... superlatives abound when describing the Chamonix Valley and the mythical peaks that shape it. A territory of both past and future legends, the preservation of this natural gem is more than ever a consideration integrated into all our actions.
The Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley has been committed to energy transition for years: the first Territorial Climate Energy Plan in the mountains in 2012, labeled Positive Energy Territory at the regional level since 2015, Positive Energy Territory for Green Growth (TEPcv) nationally since 2016, labeled Green Snowflake since 2013... Numerous initiatives that underline our territory's special commitment to addressing environmental and climate concerns.
Valley visitors are encouraged to actively participate in environmental protection through a Guide to Good Environmental Practices.
90% of the valley's territory is under protection measures in Natural Spaces, and since 2012, the Chamonix Valley has been part of the Communities of Communes involved in the Air Protection Plan for the Arve Valley.
The Congress Bureau of the Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley Tourist Office, the Majestic Congress Center, and their local partners are committed to this approach aimed at protecting the environment and raising awareness among their clients.
Your Eco-Responsible Event
The Congress Bureau proposes to integrate an eco-responsible approach at the heart of organizing your event:
* Transportation: systematic proposal of private public transportation from the TGV station or Geneva International Airport; pedestrian travel in Chamonix; free public transportation in the valley
Goal: limit greenhouse gas emissions
* Accommodation: Our hotel partners have implemented eco-responsible actions (heating, lighting, recycling, water...)
Goals: highlight establishments committed to eco-responsible management
* Restaurants: restaurants and caterers primarily offer fresh, local, and seasonal products.
Goals: promote short supply chains and local gastronomy
* Meetings at the Congress Center: spaces meeting technical and environmental requirements
Goals: plan meetings in a facility strongly committed to resource preservation
* Activities: our outdoor partners offer numerous activities raising awareness about environmental protection and climate change.
Support a Local Organization Committed to Enhancing and Preserving the Territory
Do you want to offset the carbon footprint generated by your event? Make a donation to a local organization whose mission aligns with yours? Take it a step further and collaborate with a sponsorship-partnered organization to engage your employees?
Here is a list of local organizations you can contact: