A walk to Château Saint Michel
The ruins of a castle that dates from around 1300 and that belonged to Beatrix de Savoie, Lady of Faucigny. Chapel. Saint Bernard dog kennels. Rock-climbing school.
From Servoz, head to the entrance of the village of Le Lac, near Notre-Dame du
Lac chapel (worth a visit). Here, a footpath takes you up along the left bank of the Arve towards a rocky, wooded promontory. The ruins lay on the summit (871 m). All that remains are an overgrown tower and wall.
The path continues in the woods:
• on the left towards Le Pelissier bridge. Cross this to reach the
local road to Servoz, past the rock-climbing school and the chalet.
• on the right towards the car park near the Hotel de la Fontaine. From there, easy access for a visit of the Saint Bernard dog kennels. Then go back to the village of Le Lac and to Servoz via a path alongside the railway track.
Subject to favorable snow and weather conditions.
Closest train stop :Servoz train station
Closest parking : Le Lac / Servoz train station car-parks