Compulsory health pass.
Further informationCOMPULSORY HEALTH PASS
NEW : The reservations are MANDATORY
- The weekends of May, June, and September
- Every day during July and August !
The reservation is open 10 days in advance, until the same day, depend of availability. Booking is easy and free on the website !
- No picnic and no pets allowed. Picnic tables are at disposal right before the entrance of the parc.
- Bar restaurant, exhibition and video screening during opening hours.
- Events ans activities organised during the summer season.
- Shuttles in July and August from Les Houches train station. (timetables on the park's website or at the Tourist Office).
- Snowshoeing visits on booking only during the winter season.
Come and observe the mountain animals of the mountain wandering freely in this animal park with a magical setting, at 1500m altitude, just in front of Mont-Blanc. Online booking required on weekends and daily in July and August.
Merlet immerses you in its vast wildlife area, the time of an easy hike, crossing forest and sunny meadows, marked by its old traditional mountain chalets. The unusual proximity with its many animals surprises and almost makes forget their wild character..
Species to discover: ibex, sika deer, lama, mouflon, marmot, chamois and fallow deer!
Easy hike in the park, 2 to 3h of visit.
Several benches and deckchairs allow you to take a break during your visit. You can even enjoy the sun and lay down at the altiport, a large and flat pasture where you can lie down.
Discover the exhibition and projection rooms, the souvenir shop, the educational and fun displays and the guided tour in 4 languages on your smartphone!
In July and August, daily free activities about the animals and the mountains.
Services at your disposal:
- 150 parking spots
- Bar, restaurant, panoramic terasse open at the same opening hours as the park.
- Pic-nic area before the entrance of the park
HIKING TO MERLET PARK :
From Les Houches or from the South Balcony, hike up to the animal park. It is very simple: signs put at the halfway point of the South Balcony and of the path from Les Houches will show you a code for you to memorise. These code will change regularly. Tell the code to the cash desk at the park and get a discount on the entrance fee !
IN JULY AND AUGUST, TAKE THE SHUTTLE, IT'S FREE !
The 4 parking lots have a total capacity of approximately 150 spaces and quickly reach maximum capacity in July and August. Merlet Park runs a free shuttle service in July and August to save you the 6 km climb and avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot. Simply leave your car in the dedicated spaces at the Houches railway station and go the shuttle stop sign. Shuttle capacity: 8 persons. No booking. Face mask is mandatory in the shuttle from 11 years old. Thank you.
Child: from 5.50 €.
Free entry for children < 4 years.
Group rate on booking from 15 persons.
Member card to ask on site or to download on the park's website.
Purchase on site:
The great book "Merlet, quelle est ta magie ?" 28€
- Guidebook and games booklet.
Closed on Monday.
74310 Les Houches