Practice : hang gliding, paragliding Orientation : South and North-East
Flying conditions : interesting site from 8 am until early afternoon.
- To the south-west: cables of the Brevent cable car in front of the take-off exit, move well to the right to pass under the cables.
- As soon as the conditions are thermal, a good experience is necessary.
- Be careful with west and north winds above 20 km/h at 2000 m: you are flying downwind, turbulent conditions.
- For cross country departures to La Flégère: horizontal cables linking the cable car between the Brévent and La Flégère stations in the Lachenal combe at an altitude of about 1700 m.
Level : beginner to cross country.
Landing : Bois du Bouchet.
The landing is not visible from the takeoff: think to locate it before going up to fly. Emergency landing possible at the Savoy.
Specific regulations :
- The landings at Le Bouchet and Le Savoy are forbidden by municipal decree during the period when the alpine and cross-country ski trails are open: you must then land on the delta terrain of the Bois du Bouchet, which is very turbulent and enclosed!
- Beyond the summit ridge west/northwest, overflight is forbidden at less than 1000 m/ground, Aiguilles-Rouges nature reserve.
Subject to favorable weather.