Here is the most mythical and majestic glacier hike in Chamonix: the vallée blanche! A hike at 3400 meters of altitude with an exceptional panorama on the most beautiful Italian and French summits.
➡️ From the Aiguille du Midi:
- Level required: be in good physical condition and not prone to vertigo. You'll have to descend the Aiguille du Midi ridge, which can be impressive if you're prone to vertigo. You will be roped up to 2 people per guide.
- Duration: one day
- Meeting point: in front of the Vertical café at the bottom of the Aiguille du Midi cable car.
Details of the day's program:
Meet at the bottom of the Aiguille du Midi cable car. Meeting with the mountain guide, short briefing and cable car ride up to 3842 meters above sea level.
️ Descend the snow-covered ridge, wearing crampons and roped up to reach the glacier / Cross the Vallée Blanche glacier and the Géant / Pass through the seracs* then climb up the Italian side to the Pointe Helbronner.
Magnificent views of the Italian side, the Matterhorn and Mont Rose.
Return to the Aiguille du Midi with the Panoramic Mont Blanc gondola, then take the cable car back down to Chamonix.
And for a testimonial, click here!
* Formation of ice blocks following the fragmentation of a glacier.
➡️ From Helbronner Point in Italy (private package only):
Admire the breathtaking view of the Italian side of Mont Blanc and the surrounding 4000-meter peaks. With your guide, set off on a glacier hike in this high-mountain universe, between seracs and crevasses, and reach the Aiguille du Midi in France.
Details of your glacier hike:
- Level required: glacier hike with no great technical difficulty, beginners accepted. However, the altitude and distance involved require you to be in good physical condition.
- Duration: 1 day
- Meeting point: usually in Chamonix Sud, after which transport to Italy can be arranged.
Details of the day's program :
Meeting point in Chamonix Sud at the bus station, introduction to the mountain guide.
Travel by bus to the Skyway departure point in Courmayeur, at the exit of the Mont Blanc Tunnel.
Skyway ascent to Pointe Helbronner.
️Encorded glacier walk towards the Aiguille du Midi in the very heart of the high mountains, between seracs and crevasses. Numerous peaks over 4,000 meters high tower above you.
Climb back up to Helbronner, take the Skyway down and return to Chamonix via the Mont Blanc tunnel.
170 € / person
Private rate for 1-2 people : From Aiguille du Midi or Helbronner
400 € for 1 or 2 people
Private rate for 3-4 people : From Aiguille du Midi or Helbronner
420 € for 3 or 4 people.
100 place de l'Aiguille du Midi