The church was built in 1726 in a baroque style with a very beautiful bell tower. Its altarpiece was classified in 1912.
The inhabitants of Argentière built the church at their own expense in order to attend mass during winter time. Indeed, it was almost impossible to go to Chamonix during winter at the time.
Nearest train stop: Argentière train station
Car park on site.