24 hours in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Valley
Are you just passing through Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Valley but keen to get a quick taste of local culture? Here are a few must-sees!
Quick visit in Chamonix? If you only 24hrs to spend in Chamonix, here are some advices in order not to waste any time and enjoy your day!
Before you go, consult the live info:
- The weather conditions in the mountains can change very fast. Before you go hiking or take a cable-car, take a look at the weather!
- Cloudy weather ? Before you go up with a cable-car, check the webcams to be sure the view up there is clear!
- Check the opening of the cable cars you want to take. Indeed, sometimes the weather can delay or cancel the opening of the cable cars.
- Last but not least, before you go, take a look at the road conditions !
- Need some help? An advice? We are here to help! Contact us here
The Aiguille du Midi
An unmissable sight famous the world over, the Aiguille du Midi is the icon of Chamonix-Mont-Blanc valley. Take the cable car and, after a stop at the Plan de l’Aiguille midway station at 2,310 metres, soar to an altitude of 3,842 metres.
Enjoy the sweeping all-round views over the French, Swiss and Italian Alps, and a spectacular vista of Mont Blanc.
Spend some time in “the world’s highest museum” then take one more lift up to the highest deck at 3,842 metres and dare to “Step into the Void”,
a viewing box with glass panels on five sides and a void of over 1,000 metres below your feet!
Top tip: chew chewing gum on the way up and down to prevent ear block, which happens with the differences in pressure.
Once back down, head to the station for the departure of the Montenvers train to continue your visit.
The Mont Blanc Multipass
One pass for one or several day gives you access to the highlights of Chamonix and the altitude areas in Chamonix, Les Houches and Megève (under certain conditions)